Oct 02, 2013 - 08:28 AM
Your first course of action should be to download the Ask toolbar uninstaller from the Ask website. Open the remover, select execute removal, and restart your browser to see if the problem is resolved.
If this is unsuccessful, then go to the attached link to download a program called Malwarebytes. Install the program and run it, select the Fix option and this program should detect and remove whatever malware or virus is at fault.
Hopefully you only need to uninstall the toolbar. But if not, Malwarebytes should resolve your malware problem. Good Luck!
Oct 08, 2013 - 12:23 AM
Open up chrome and go to the little three bars for settings. Open Settings > Extensions > Click the trash bin > Your done! However you might have to set your search engine again. Same thing go to settings > Scroll down to search > select google or whatever engine you use. Hope this helped a little.
Jul 23, 2016 - 01:15 AM
Follow these steps to get rid of Ask Toolbar
· Firstly you have to uninstall the software like another software.
· So, Go to : Computer –> Control Panel –> Uninstall the Software.
· Now all you have to do is to find such software or application which are related to Ask.com and click uninstall in front of them.
· This will remove the Ask.com malware from your computer but it is not completely removed from your pc.
· Now you have to Go to : Specific Browser which you have installed in your Computer.
- Chrome :
- Go to : More –> Extension –> Look for Ask Toolbar and anything which is related to Ask.com and remove it.
- Go to : Tools –> Add-ons –> Look for Ask Toolbar and anything which is related to Ask.com and remove it.
Restart the computer and check your browser for Ask Malware and if it comes back gain the install ant-malware program and follow the steps mentioned here – User Guide to Remove Toolbar from PC & Browsers